Hong Kong’s Chinese stocks will be subjected to renewed pressure when trading on Monday resumed after a break from three sessions, after US President Donald Trump launched the first Salvo of his introductory war.

Article content
(Bloomberg)-The Chinese stocks listed in Hong Kong will be subjected to renewed pressure when it resumed trading on Monday after a break from three sessions, after US President Donald Trump launched the first Salvo of his introductory war.
Article content
Article content
Fears of the high fees in pushing the MSCI China index to the bear market last month. On Saturday, Trump ordered the 25 % general definitions on Canada, Mexico and 10 % in China, to enter into force on Tuesday, while he promised a similar step later to the European Union. The NASDAC Dragon Dragon Index fell 3.5 % on Friday, representing its worst day in seven weeks.
Advertisement 2
Article content
The new customs tariff may reduce the export of products in China, which leads to the withdrawal of the economy that is already struggling in the country. Online merchants like alibaba Group Holding Ltd. And the most vulnerable chip industry in Asia than others. On Sunday, China pledged counter -measures and said it would file a complaint with the World Trade Organization.
“The signs of the emerging recovery in China can be disabled,” said Charo Chanana, the chief investment strategy in Saxo markets. She added, “The government will have to achieve a balance between responding to local and external winds.”
Trump’s actions may indicate the beginning of a series of threatened commercial attacks, although he has so far reduced his planned actions against China. The executive thing he signed on his first day, calling for a series of commercial review reports by April 1, may lead to more procedures. Other Asian economies may also be weak because they are a large part of the increase in US imports in recent years. Foreign investors can be accelerated from the shares of the region since Trump’s victory in the Trump elections.
Article content
Advertising 3
Article content
Below are shares and sectors that are likely to interact with wars and long commercial tariffs.
Online retailers
The new TROMP commercial fees include a wide range against e -commerce, with clear plans to cancel a long tariff for bouquets worth less than $ 800. The so-called DE-MINIMIS exemptions for small parcels and beams sent to the United States from Canada and China have been reduced, and the definitions are applied wider, although the scope of the procedure was not immediately clear.
The decision appears primarily aimed at reducing the charges exempt from China, which will harm online retailers and e -commerce platforms such as alibaba.
Goods such as clothes, accessories, home commodities, electronics, and small shein and TEMU constant materials alone represent 30 % of all alleged De-Minimis shipments, according to a research from Pablo Fajgelbau at California and Los Angeles and Amait Khandelwal. At Yale University.
Reading: Trump’s tariff targeted vulnerability used by Chinese retailers via the Internet
Chips
Separate semiconductor makers will be sales to China, including a semiconductor manufacturer in Taiwan and Samsung Electronics, in focusing as Trump said he will strike taxes – with the repetition of that pledge after his meeting on Friday with the CEO of Nvidia Corp. Jensen Huang.
Advertising 4
Article content
Meanwhile, the shares of Chinese chip makers, such as the international conductor manufacturer, may rise if the customs tariff seeks to seek the nation to obtain artificial self -sufficiency.
Read: Deepseek focuses on self -reliance in China: Taking shares
The chips were in the center of continuous technological competition between the United States and China, where Washington is implementing more strict export controls aimed at reducing the flow of advanced components to China. In response, Beijing has its own restrictions.
This back and back is likely to escalate since the low -cost artificial intelligence model of Chinese is seen as a threat to American hegemony in technology.
Morgan Stanley strategy, including Daniel Blake, has repeated caution on semiconductors, devices, China, Taiwan and Korea in a note dated February 1, noting a wider risk of approaching customs tariffs and potential investigations in China.
“Taiwan and Korea are the most exposed in terms of total revenue from exports to the United States. Although they do not face the first stage of tariff advertisements, we notice momentum towards both global tariffs and definitions on basic commodities, including semiconductors.”
Advertising 5
Article content
Exposure to Mexico, Resources
Asian car shares will be exposed to Mexico, such as HL Mando Co. And Kia Corp in Korea on the radar of investors. Ev Belweether BYD, which is looking to build the first Mexican manufacturing factory, will be in focus.
On Sunday, the President of Mexico called for a retaliatory tariff and other non -transmitted measures on the United States, with the door to the two sides to cooperate in security and public health issues.
Among other topics at risk, Trump also threatened a tariff on a wide range of imports in the coming months, including steel, aluminum, copper, oil, gas and pharmaceutical preparations.
Green energy
Green energy -related shares remain weak as Trump gave priority to the production of fossil fuels, reduced focus on environmental issues, and threatened to review consumer tax credit designed to encourage the use of electric vehicles.
The shares of the Korean batteries manufacturers of batteries such as Samsung SDi Co. And LG Chem Ltd. More than 25 % since Trump’s victory in the elections on November 5, which has already doubled by the already dark sales forecast.
Expectations are also bleak for Chinese solar companies such as Longi Green Energy Technology Co. , Which faced auditing from the United States for years while dominating global markets with low -priced products.
– With the help of Sam Kim and James Mayger.
Article content
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.